Silky Oaks Lodge Daintree Australia
- Tariff & Booking
From the moment you arrive at Silky Oaks Lodge, you feel the aura of the Daintree. Vast and pristine, it is the oldest living rainforest on Earth. The Lodge itself overlooks the Mossman River so idyllic it has no equal for natural beauty, supreme comfort and ease of access. There's also the added comfort of knowing you've chosen the perfect base to explore the Tropical North Queensland region.
With Port Douglas only 20 minutes away, our morning drop off and afternoon pick ups provide opportunities to explore the many boutiques, restaurants and shops of this coastal town.
Cruise along the Daintree River and visit the Great Barrier Reef or Cape Tribulation. It's all within easy reach of Silky Oaks, but don't be surprised if it becomes more tempting to leave the tourist spots to the tourists. Once you settle in at the Lodge, you simply won't want to leave.
At Silky Oaks Lodge there is no effort required to discover the magic of the rainforest. It's all around you.
Yet from the comfort of the Lodge there's no sense of 'roughing it'. In fact, the only challenge you're likely to encounter is deciding what to choose from the menu.
And whether you're dining in the restaurant, or relaxing in the lounge, at Silky Oaks there's a special brand of service. Attentive, yet unobtrusive. Silky Oaks Lodge is the essence of the Daintree.
Silky Oaks Lodge ActivitiesComplimentary Activities
- Selected guided naturewalks through the grounds and adjoining rainforest
- Canoeing on the Mossman River
- Swimming and snorkelling in the Mossman River
- Relaxing by and swimming in the resort pool
- Tennis - day & night
- Yoga classes
- Daintree River (35km)
- Great Barrier Reef cruise, shopping, nightclubs (27km at Port Douglas)
- Cape Tribulation (54km)
- Helipad (5km)
- Kuranda Skyrail (65km)
- Hartley's Creek Crocodile Farm (50km)
Examples of other activities
(charges apply, some activities are subject to weather conditions)
- Silky Oaks Lodge Safari day trips to Cape Tribulation & Daintree River
- Scenic helicopter flights over Mossman Gorge and Great Barrier Reef
- Bird watching cruises and tours & Guided twilight and night nature walks
- Great Barrier Reef and Low Isle sail, cruise, dive and/or snorkel
- Golf at Port Douglas or Mossman
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Estuary or reef fishing
- Aboriginal tours & guided walks through Mossman Gorge National Park
- Crocodile and wildlife spotting cruises or visit a wildlife sanctuary
Dining at the Treehouse Restaurant
The Treehouse Restaurant is one of Northern Queensland's
premier dining experiences and the open-sided restaurant
offers sensational daintree rainforest and Mossman river
views. The menu showcases the freshest local produce
and fine Australian wines.
Private Riverside Dining
For a special occasion, private riverside dining is available in a secluded setting on the Mossman River. Enjoy a 3 course menu, with your selection of wines, the glow of candlelight, the sounds of the rainforest and river surrounding you.
Above the Mossman River with spectacular views of the Daintree Rainforest.
Offers a relaxed atmosphere with inviting lounge chairs and a viewing balcony of the Mossman River.
Relax as you enjoy a cold beer or cocktail and swap tales with fellow adventurers.
Room Features: All rooms contain the following amenities and facilities:
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- CD Player
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Work Desk
- Spa Bath
- Bath Robes
- Pool Towel
- Fully Stocked Mini-Bar
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hair Dryer
- Evening Turndown Service
- Aroma Therapy Oil Burner
- Outdoor Table & Chairs