Birds Ferry Lodge Bed and Breakfast Charleston New Zealand
On arrival you will enjoy a warm welcome from your hosts, then peace seclusion and relaxation awaits you.
Lodge guests enjoy the spacious guest lounge. Comfy leather upholstery and a roaring log fire in front of the huge windows where you can take in the view out to the ocean and the Totara Valley below. Enjoy a welcome refreshment on arrival accompanied by some of Alison's home baking or a pre dinner aperitif from the house bar. Dinners are our specialty so be sure to book.
The library is stocked with a selection of magazines and books with something to interest most. There is also a supply of board games and puzzles for a day indoors.
The semi remote, rural location means that the wildlife is in abundance. The native Weka visits the garden and at night the call of the Kiwi has been heard from the Lodge. Wild deer have been spotted from the deck and whilst enjoying the spa after dark guests are kept company by our local Common Owl who rests on the back of the chair right beside them! Tui and Bell birds visit the well stocked bird table.
Evening dining at Birds Ferry Lodge is highly recommended.
During your stay enjoy....
- Full cooked breakfast
- Unlimited use of heated spa at no extra charge.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet
- Complimentary use of guest computer in lounge
- Private Access onto deck with outdoor seating area
- Complimentary load of laundry per night of stay
- Complimentary hot and cold non-alcoholic refreshments
The Grand View Room
You will immediately see why we chose this name! From your balcony you will enjoy panoramic views from the ocean, up the length of the Totara Valley to the Paparoa ranges in the East. The room's balcony will draw you to take in the incredible sunsets and spectacular lodge gardens and panoramic view.
The Grand view room is indulgently appointed with a top range Queen bed, quality linens and a large ensuite with bath, power shower and hand made toiletries.
The Totara Valley Room
The spectacular views are a feature of this room. Capturing amazing valley and ocean vistas - sunset, garden or forest views. Quality Queen bed, hand made Marlborough toiletries and fluffy robes. Ensuite facilities with heated towel rail, power shower over bath and hand made toiletries. A short stroll along the deck takes you to the Spa from where you can enjoy the sunset.
- Fridges and tea making facilities
- En Suite bathroom facilities with baths
- Luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough
- Decadent monogrammed fluffy bathrobes
- Heated towel rails in bathrooms, and radiators in bedrooms
- Electric Blankets
- Quality beds, mattresses and linen for a comfortable sleep
- Screened windows
- Fresh Flowers
- Room darkening drapes over large windows
- Sea and/or mountain views